Sunday, February 13, 2005

what's up with fly fishing?

a great man once said, “life taught me how to learn, fishing taught me how to think.” just kidding….i said that. and i bet you thought i was going to start with, “in our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing.” actually, while I did grow up in a parsonage somewhat similar to norman maclain, my family did not embrace fly fishing. in fact, my father was and is a passionate hunter, but did not have the patience for any type of fishing.

seriously, though, not to get too zen or anything, but fly-fishing does become life. my favorite fishing is extremely low key....wet wading with only a pair of sandals, shorts, a tee and a cap. no fly vest...fit a few accessories and a fly box in a pocket. fly fishing, like life, tends to get complicated if you're not paying attention.

No comments: