Sunday, February 13, 2005

why idea stream?

My wife would say I a lot of ideas…. mostly ideas about how to invest time at work and at life.

At work, I am passionate about startups (I’ve done two) and finding the next great idea. Since college, I’ve held jobs in marketing, strategic planning, operations and sales. More than what I have accomplished, though, I am excited about the future. The future is all about the next great idea…..so what is it?

Away from work, my wife would say my great ideas manifest themselves as expensive hobbies. What hobbies? Could be fly-fishing (warm- or cold-water); hunting (waterfowl, upland and big game); the sports teams I follow (Missouri Tigers, MidAmerica Nazarene University Pioneers, Dallas Cowboys, St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Blues); cars (mostly vintage Mustangs and Jeeps); and any other pursuit which strike me as interesting (I’ve been mountain biking for a while but kayaking is pretty cool, too).

Combining my passion for work (the next great idea) and my passion for life (flyfishng a small stream) gets you here…..idea stream.

No comments: